The Internet is a great place to share information, photos and videos with your friends and family. It’s important to remember though that what you put on the Internet can be seen by anyone, anywhere in the world. It will be there for years to come, maybe forever, so be careful with what you post online. You also need to be careful with what you download from the Internet.
Did you know?
- Some download sites, especially free ones, might contain nasty viruses and ‘spybots’ which are downloaded onto your computer with the program you wanted and can do a lot of harm.
- Some file sharing sites can get you into trouble as they don’t have permission to have the music or videos on their site for you to download.
- Keep your personal information safe. Use a nickname online, set a strong password and don’t tell anyone what it is.
- Don’t put your full address online, just your city is enough information.
- Don’t put your mobile phone number or your school on the Internet.
- Check with your Mum or Dad that your computer is secure.
- If you receive an email from someone you don’t know, it’s best to check with an adult before you open it. Sometimes people send viruses by email.
- Remember that any photos or videos you send to a friend can be sent on to others and may be uploaded to a public site.
Budd:e interactive video
Hector’s World Interactive Episode
Think you know