Blinky Bill the movie
What age is this for?
What’s it about?
Bill Koala is the greatest explorer in the whole of the Australian outback but one day he goes missing. His son Blinky Bill decides he must go in search of him which means he has to be very brave and go into the dangerous outback where he’s never been before. On the way Blinky meets a koala named Nutsy and a frilled neck lizard named Jacko . Together, the three of them must face the scary ‘Croc Canyon’ if they want to find Blinky’s father and return home.
What to look out for
There are several scary scenes which could frighten younger kids such as:
- A nasty cat keeps attacking Blinky and his friends throughout the movie and at one-point looks like he has trapped Blinky in a corner.
- Blinky’s Mum says that she has given up on finding his Dad, which really upsets Blinky.
- Blinky and his friends can't find any water on the journey and get heat exhaustion.
- Nutsy tells Blinky that her parents died in a bushfire, which is very sad.
There are also some violent scenes such as:
- The nasty cat attacks a wombat and it looks like its dead but it’s okay.
- Nutsy kicks and punches Blinky when they get lost.
- The crocodiles in Croc Canyon try to eat Blinky and friends. Nutsy is surrounded by crocs that chomp at her toes. She almost falls to her death but is saved in time.
Moral of the Story
The main message from this movie is that “an adventurer never gives up, always helps those in need and always keeps his promises.”
About our colour guide
Content is age appropriate for children this age
Some content may not be appropriate for children this age. Parental guidance recommended
Content is not age appropriate for children this age