Cats and Dogs
What age is this for?
What’s it about?
In the days of Ancient Egypt cats used to rule over humans and were treated like gods. With the help of dogs, humans took over control but what they don’t know is that the battle still continues. Dogs have spies everywhere to make sure humans are kept safe from a cat takeover.
A little puppy called Lou comes into the Brody family where he meets Butch, a dog spy, who teaches Lou to take good care of Professor Brody. The Professor is trying to find a vaccine to stop people being allergic to dogs. A wicked cat called Mr Tinkle is trying to steal the vaccine and change it into one that will make all people allergic to dogs then cats can rule the world again!
What to look out for
Quite a lot of slapstick violence in this movie such as:
- A woman hits a dog with a broom, shouting at the dog to get out.
- A flashback into Ancient Egypt shows cats whipping and scratching humans.
- Ninja cats attack Lou and they use karate chops and kicks against each other.
- A Russian spy cat uses weapons such as knives, boomerangs and darts against Butch and Lou.
There are also some scenes which could scare younger kids such as:
- Mr Tinkles is a scary looking cat with fangs and yellow eyes.
- A boy is very sad when he loses his dog.
- The cats take an old man who is sick and in bed, out to their car and parade him through a factory in a wheelchair.
Moral of the Story
The message of the story is the importance of family and being loyal to those who love you.
About our colour guide
Content is age appropriate for children this age
Some content may not be appropriate for children this age. Parental guidance recommended
Content is not age appropriate for children this age