How to train your dragon 2
What age is this for?
What’s it about?
The story starts 5 years after the end of the first How to train your dragon film. One day while Hiccup and Astrid are out flying on their dragons and exploring new lands they find a ruined fortress covered in ice. The owner of the fortress, a dragon-trapper named Eret thinks that Hiccup has destroyed his fortress and captures Hiccup, Astrid and their dragons.
While they are prisoners, Hiccup and Astrid learn that a mad warlord named Drago has captured an army of dragons which he will use to conquer the people and dragons of Berk. The rest of the film tells us about their adventures as they try to stop the evil Drago.
What to look out for
There are many scary scenes and characters.
- The dragons have large sharp teeth, long claws, horns or tusks on their heads, spikey backs and large wings. They breath fire or have icy breath that freezes what it hits.
- Hiccup meets a scary dragon rider with a spiked mask on.
- A man is killed by a dragon’s poison breath. We see his dead body lying in a boat which is set on fire
- There is a battle with Viking ships and Vikings shooting canons and arrows or fighting with swords.
- Two dragons fight each other until one kills the other with its tusks.
- Some of the people have lost arms or legs
Moral of the Story
Good people and animals (like the dragons captured by Drago) can sometimes do bad things when bad people force them to.
About our colour guide
Content is age appropriate for children this age
Some content may not be appropriate for children this age. Parental guidance recommended
Content is not age appropriate for children this age