Night at the Museum: Secret of the tomb
What age is this for?
What’s it about?
Every night in the Natural History Museum, the wax exhibits come to life and have a lot of fun with Larry, the night guard. One day Larry notices that the tablet of Ahkmenrah, which makes all of the exhibits come to life, is crumbling. Larry needs to find out why this is happening and so he takes all of his museum exhibit friends to the British Museum in London to try and save the tablet. They have to work together to battle the monsters in the museum and reach the Egypt exhibit before the tablet is destroyed.
What to look out for
There are some scary scenes that would frighten younger kids such as:
- The Egyptian tomb looks very scary and the locals believe that if it is opened the end of the world will come.
- Some of the animals in the museum look quite scary such as a dinosaur skeleton and a snake with lots of heads.
- A volcano erupts and nearly kills Jed and Octavius.
There are also some fighting scenes such as:
- Teddy points a gun at Larry’s face.
- Lancelot fights a dinosaur skeleton with his sword and holds his sword against Larry’s throat.
- Larry fights the many-headed snake with his flashlight and electrocutes it.
Moral of the Story
The messages of the story are that friends are important and when you work together you get things done.
About our colour guide
Content is age appropriate for children this age
Some content may not be appropriate for children this age. Parental guidance recommended
Content is not age appropriate for children this age