Noni Hazlehurst and Sally Sara to join July conference discussion panel June 28, 2016
Noni Hazlehurst AM and Sally Sara from ABC Foreign Correspondent will join the final discussion panel at the Sydney Conference Violence in the Media: The stories and the science to be presented on 18 July by ACCM in partnership with Children and Families Research Centre at Macquarie University.
The panel will be facilitated by Prof Elizabeth Handsley, President of ACCM, and panel members are
- Prof Graham Vimpani, NSW senior clinical advisor in child protection and wellbeing
- Dr Wayne Warburton, Senior lecturer in develoopmental psychology, Macquarie University
- Noni Hazlehurst AM actor, presenter, Logie winner
- Sally Sara , ABC Foreign Correspondent
The panel will consider where we are in Australia:
- with media coverage of violent events, and
- with understanding the social impacts of violent entertainment, and
- whether there are policies and practices that need to be changed.
More details of the conference, including registration can be found here