Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator - Anime Dress Up Games
Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator is a sandbox game where the user creates unique avatars. Not suitable under 8; parental guidance to 12 (in-app purchasing, frequent advertising)
No gambling content found in the levels played
This review of Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator was completed by the Australian Council on Children and the Media (ACCM) on 22 April 2021.
About the app
This section contains details about the app provided by an ACCM Reviewer.
|Name of app:||Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator|
|Developed by:||Anime Dress Up Games|
|Platform reviewed:||Google Play|
|Developer's suggested age:||All ages.|
|ACCM suggested age:||Not suitable under 8 and parental guidance to 12 due to in-app purchasing and extensive advertising.|
|Gambling content advice:||No gambling content found in the levels played|
This review of Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator contains the following information:
- The level to which the game was reviewed
- App description
- Reviewers comments
- In App purchasing
- Online information
- Advertising and product placement
- Gender stereo types and sexual references
- Coarse language
- Game playing behaviour which may be of concern to some parents
The reviewer tested all features available in the app.
Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator is a dress up game that involves creating an avatar character using a variety of different customisation feature options (skin colour, hair style, hair colour, eyebrows, eyes, and lips) and dressing up your avatar with a variety of different clothing options (hats, outerwear, dresses, shirts, pants, skirts, socks, shoes, and extra accessories).
After you have created an avatar, you are then able to take photos of your avatar using a variety of wallpapers as backdrops (these photos are saved into the gallery of your device).
Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator has a lot of free content in terms of different facial features, hair and outfit customisations to choose from. There are also other ways within the app to gain extra content such as; extra free downloadable content and extra features and outfits, by either watching a full 30 second ad to unlock each item or making a one-time purchase of $3.89 to open all extra content and remove all ads. In-App advertisements show up quite frequently within the game, which can disrupt the game play. There is a constant pop-up ad that plays at the top of the screen whilst on the app, this ad is completely irrelevant to the game and is not an ad targeted at children (for example oxford dictionary, sales trainers, etc). Other, child-targeted advertisements also pop up after creating an avatar and each time a photo is taken. These ads play for 5 seconds before giving you the option to exit out of the advertisement. The advertisements noted were advertising other games to download.
There is In-App purchasing in this game, examples include:
- A one off purchase of $3.89 is advertised to unlock all locked outfit and customisation features and to remove all ads.
There is no online information required to play this game.
At the time of review, the reviewer found no simulated gambling content. If you discover simulated gambling content in this app, please contact us with the details so we can update our review.
There is advertising in this game, including:
- A constant pop-up ad remains at the top of the screen whilst in the app and is an advertisement not directed at children (business advertisements).
- Pop-up ads that play for 5 seconds before giving you the option to exit the advertisement. These ads play after creating an avatar and after taking a photo of your avatar. These ads are aimed at children and are of other downloadable children’s games.
- There is an option to watch a 30 second ad which allows you to open one locked item at a time.
There is some gender stereotyping in this App. For example:
- This game is clearly aimed at girls. Although there are options to have short hair, most of the clothing items and accessories are extremely girly (e.g. most of the clothing items seem to be dresses, skirts or in the colour pink or purple).
- There also appears to be a ‘boy’ version of Chibi Doll – Avatar Creator. This was frequently advertised on this app and appears to be exactly the same as this game version, however, shows a ‘boy’ avatar and ‘boy’ clothing items and accessories.
Have you found something of interest in this app that we haven't? Couldn't find the app you were looking for? Please email us here.
Tip: Leave out the first A, An or The
Selecting an age will provide a list of apps with content suitable for this age group. Children may also enjoy apps selected via a lower age.
About our colour guide
Content is age appropriate for children this age
Some content may not be appropriate for children this age. Parental guidance recommended
Content is not age appropriate for children this age
Gambling content advice
Most games contain elements of risk, chance and knowledge, that is why they are fun to play. There is growing concern about the impacts of simulated gambling games on the health and wellbeing of children. That's why we are identifying games that contain gambling elements on our site. These icons signal simulated gambling activity and where none was noted.
Simulated casino style gambling. Not suitable for minors
Contains some elements of gambling. Some content is not recommended for minors. Parental guidance recommended
No gambling content found in the levels played